Local Governing Body
What is our role?
The Local Governing Body:
- Implements and administers the Trust’s policies at a local level and reports termly to the Trustee’s
- Monitors and is accountable for the performance and standards of the school to Ofsted
- Governs exclusions in accordance with appropriate regulations
- Considers budget monitoring information and proposals
- Acts as a critical friend to the Headteacher
- Represents the views of the community
Composition of the Local Governing Body 2017-18
Chair: Rehana Faisal
Headteacher: Joanne Mylles
Community Governor: Mobin Hussain
Community Governor: Mick Wright (Health & Safety)
Staff Governor: Nishi Hussain (Safeguarding)
Parent Governor: Amna Khan
Parent Governor: Sobia Qayyum
Co-opted Governor (Vice Chair): Karen Hooker (Declaration: Headteacher at Downside Primary school)
Co-opted Governor: Andrea Page (SEND)
How we work
The Local Governing Body meets half-termly to monitor and evaluate the school’s performance in the following areas:
- Achievement and Teaching - half-termly
- Behaviour, Attendance and Safety - once a term
- Leadership and Management - once a term
- Finance - half-termly
- Personnel - once a term
- Facilities Management - once a term
In addition, individual Governors take a special interest in specific areas of school activity such as safeguarding and child protection, SEND, finance and health and safety.
Most queries about Challney High School for Girls and the progress or welfare of any individual child should be directed to the school.
If you do need to contact the Governing Body you can write to us at the school address.
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees has overall responsibility for strategic planning and the setting of policies. It is managed through business planning, monitoring of budgets, performance management, the setting of standards and the implementation of quality management processes. The Trustees have the power to direct change where required.
In order to discharge these responsibilities, the Trustees appoint people who are more locally based to serve on a board called the “Local Governing Body” which is established to ensure the good governance of the academy.
The Trustees delegate various agreed functions to the Local Governing Body.
Board of Trustees:
Tracy Cowan (NLG)
Adrian Rogers (CEO)
The Board of Trustees:
- have overall responsibility for strategic planning and the setting of policies for the Chiltern Learning Trust
- appoint people to serve on the “Local Governing Body”
- delegate various agreed functions to the Local Governing Body
- hold the Chief Executive and schools to account